- Microsoft® Windows® 64-bit (x64) or 32-bit operating system: Windows 8, 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2003, XP, 2000, ME, 98 Second Edition, 98
- Windows Media Player 7.1 or higher
- 10 MB disk space for installation
- Recommended: Windows 8, 7 or Vista; True Color (32-bit) display at 1024x768 or greater
Download ShellToys for 64-bit (x64) Windows operating systems
If you are upgrading from a previous version of ShellToys, do not uninstall the old version just install the new version to the same folder as the previous version. Your existing settings and preferences will then be used by the new version.
If this is the first time you've installed ShellToys, you can start using it as soon as installation is complete. If you're upgrading an existing installation, you'll be prompted to restart your computer after installation. Be sure to do this before using any ShellToys tools or features, because certain files won't be upgraded until the restart takes place.
You will usually need to restart your computer so that files can be completely removed. After restarting you will find that some files still exist, such as your template files (from the New From Template tool) and a file named folders.ini containing the items on your Go To Folder list. (Uninstall programs never remove files that they didn't install.) You can delete these files manually:
- In Windows 8/7/Vista you'll find these files in C:\Users\<Your Name>\AppData\Roaming\CFi ShellToys.
- In Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 these files are in C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Name>\Application Data\CFi ShellToys.
- In Windows 98/ME they are in the ShellToys installation folder (by default, C:\Program Files\CFi\ShellToys).